The Hideout of Lake Ariel is an all season, planned residential community consisting of approximately 3,200 single family homes. In the Pocono Mountains of Northeastern PA, The Hideout is gated and maintains many state of the art facilities, and has also set aside nearly 250 acres of pristine woodlands for preservation.
Lakes. Tell me about the Lakes!
The hideout has no shortage of water and water activities! With access to a power boat lake and two white sand beaches, residents will have access to five lakes and one pond: Roamingwood Lake (225 acres); Deerfield Lake (16 acres); Brooks Lake (8 acres); Windemere Lake (1 acre); Hidden Lake (1 acre); and Big Springs Pond (3 acres)!
What are my recreation choices?
The Hideout has recreation galore! The Recreation Department is located at the Recreational Sports Complex on North Fairway Drive. Along with that, there is a 9-Hole Golf Course, 2 Indoor & 8 Outdoor Tennis Courts, 2 Heated Outdoor Pools, Physical Fitness Center open 7 days a week, Mini Golf, Woodworkers Building, Ski Lift and Lodge, and Tubing Run.
So much more is offered to the residents of this community:
- Public Utilities/Central Water & Sewer
- Nubia Malkin Art Center is a complete Arts Center, with a wide variety of classes for children and adults. They offer Youth Art Camp, Children’s Art Show and Residents Art Show each year.
- Ski area specifically for beginners
- Ice Skating in the Winter
- 50-Site Campground
- Dog Park located by the Laurel Park Campgrounds
- Walking trail
- Full time 24-hour private Public Safety force with patrol vehicles